DEKTON is a new category of surfacing known as “Ultracompact”. DEKTON is a sophisticated blend of raw materials used to produce the very latest in glass and porcelain as well as the highest quality quartz surfaces. DEKTON is a material with extraordinary characteristics. The intelligent combination of raw materials and cutting edge technology, known as Sintering, employed in manufacturing make DEKTON a remarkable product.
Sintering is the process of compacting and forming a solid mass of material by heat and/or pressure without melting it to the point of liquefaction. Sintering happens naturally in mineral deposits or can be achieved through a manufacturing process used with metals, ceramics, plastics and other materials.
DEKTON is unique in that it is produced in ultra-sized sheets, 126″ x 56″ making the possibilities endless for applications such as: kitchens, bathrooms, outdoor facades, walls, and flooring. DEKTON comes in three different thicknesses to meet any application requirement and desired design and effect.
- Resistant to extreme heat, cold and thawing ideal for outdoor use
- Highly resistant to scratches
- Highly resistant to UV light and will not fade or degrade over time
- Highly resistant to fire and heat without burning and scortching
- Highly resistant to abrasion – perfect for high traffic flooring
- Completely stain proof
- Chemical resistant
- High mechanical resistance – superior flexural strength over granite
- Dimensional stability – consistent dimension and thickness
- Color stability and consistency
- Does not contain resins or binders
- Light weight
- Available in ultra-sized sheets – 126″ x 56″